Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Natural Beauty Series - Meet Angie from Whipped Green Girl


Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And welcome, if you are new here 💕💕💕

 
Angie from Whipped Green Girl
 (Before we start I have to warn you that Google uses cookies (blogger platform I use belongs to Google) and I am obliged to let you know.)

 Speaking of Sunshines (check my last post), here is one more for you - step forward Angie from Whipped Green Girl. This gorgeous natural mama and I connected via Twitter, as she does not do IG, but nonetheless, like minded people find ways to cross paths I find. When I first checked her blog, I was in awe of abundance of fabulous DIY recipes Angie blogs about - and I was scribbling most of them down, not going to lie! A keen DIYer myself, but I will only whip up things that are super easy to do, and I must have all of the ingredients in my kitchen already. (my DIY round up post will be linked at the very end of this post, but it pales in comparison to Angie's, I will be honest here. Every time I visit her blog, I think to myself "I must step up my DIY game" 😄). You are going to love her blog, I promise you! She recently has started making Youtube videos as well, so please be sure to go and subscribe as well - I know I did. Supporting my fellow green beauty sisters is important to me. Angie is such a sweetheart and is smart and funny at the same time too - you will instantly want to be her best friend, I am telling you! And want to know all her secrets too, because her skin is amazing :) So let's sit back and enjoy the interview with this Canadian green beauty! She found her life changed since she switched to the green side more than 15 years ago, so let's see what she has to say?



💕 Please introduce yourself?

I’m WhippedGreenGirl – AKA Angie, a girl who loves granola and mixing her own lotions and potions.


💕  How has going natural and non-toxic in your beauty regime changed your overall health and beauty?

Where do I start, my health kick started over 15yrs ago. I was riddled with toxins from all the crap in my skin care… My hormones were totally out of whack- often causing me to be ill, in the hospital. After trying so many things. It wasn’t until, I cut-out all the synthetic fragrances in my skin care and life, that I was able to claim my health back. Parabens were destroying me, I sincerely believe. I even went on to take an aromatherapy course. Knowing essential oils, is solely the way I will “scent” my life… My green journey brought me to blogging, vlogging, now even doing interviews – no way lol 😉 


💕 Three things that make you happy?

I know it’s cheesy but truly my man and my little babes Ariel, they’re sincerely my happy place
Fresh, warm air – nothing feels better
Shopping- yup! Throw in a shoe store and I’m in heaven lol


💕 What’s the best advice you've been given?

“Think before you talk…” I still work on this one on a daily basis. I can still see my mother, waving her finger in my face “Angie, THINK BEFORE YOU TALK”… I kind of cut like a knife sometimes LOL


💕 What people inspire You?

Seeing goodness in others. Seeing others selflessly put themselves above others. There’s nothing better in life, than simple acts of kindness!


💕 What are your three (or five) can't-live-without-it green beauty products?

NEED my Leven Rose, rose water! Can’t live without it!
My body, toes to neck - needs my DIY Whipped Lotion every day!
Pumpkin Seed Oil Face Serum, or a serum of some kind.


💕 Your best DIY recipe?

Wow, where do I start! I’ve been making my own skincare for over 15yrs now! Right now I’m on a huge honey kick (manuka for acne + thyme for blemishes + buckwheat for dry skin)!
I love throwing honey and coconut oil, into a bowl. Whipping it to a fluffy texture with a hand mixer… Voila, an instant DIY, healthy face cleanser!
For any DIY skincare enthusiast out there, here’s all my latest skin recipes here.

(I highly recommend you check them out - and I think you will not want to leave until you have noted down all of the recipes! Renata)

Whipped Green Girl Body Lotion


💕 Your proudest achievement?

I’m just a proud person in general. What I got in life, I got on my own – blood, sweat and tears. I still remember when I drove my dream car (yea, “used car” - but still dream car) off the lot a few years ago. Me and my little Subaru Impreza, I cried I was so giddy!
There’s nothing quite like working for everything you have. It’s so rewarding.


💕 What are you currently reading?

Currently re-reading for the 100th time in my life… “How to Win Friends & Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. It’s a book I go back to on a consistent basis…
Also, just got Bif Naked’s Memoir – “I, Bificus”. She’s my favorite female artists. Such an inspiration to so many. She’s truly amazing.

(*noted! - Renata) 

💕  If you were to formulate a natural skincare or beauty product, what it would be? 

I’ve mastered making face lotions and face serums. Body butters is another thing I’m great at. So much so, my friends get me to make it for them, at cost… I consider myself so lucky to be able to whip-up, any high-end, organic lotion or potion in an instant, all by myself, in my own kitchen. You can do it too! Plus save loads of money in the process! But warning, DIY skincare is super fun and very addictive 😊 


💕 What scents excite You?

Loving May Chang essential oil right now! When used in a diffuser, the sweet citrus smell is beyond yummy! Also Saje Wellness has a blend called “TANTRA” – wow sold! Love it, put it in my DIY body lotion last week - amazing! 


💕 Crazy health idea that actually works?

I use honey as my face wash ONLY – solely. I mean, the stuff never rots! It has so much goodness in it. It’s cheap, easy to find, and works every time!  
Another weird thing I do. To keep my complexion clear… I drink bentonite clay in water (on an empty stomach) a few times a week, in the morning. Does wonders on my skin! 


💕 What do you do to de-stress?

Write, blog, vlog… I never stop. If I stop, I sit, think too much & stress ahaha – seriously. Keeping my mind busy means, I’m also happy! 


💕 Last thing you do at night?

Usually, tell my chihuahua - who’s now taken over my entire half of the bed, to move it or lose it LOL! Then I snuggle my little fur-buddy, his bad breath and wet kisses are always the last thing I get to enjoy before I crash… 


💕 Tell us a secret!

My real name isn’t Angie. But, my dad loved the Rolling Stones. So it stuck lol


💕 A few words to Green Life In Dublin readers?

Show Renata some love- she’s amazing and deserves several raised glasses 😊!!! Thanks for this opportunity. Long time fan of your blog and reviews. Proud to be amongst your pages xo

Aww, thanks Angie! That warms my heart so much xo Very happy to feature you too!

Whipped Green Girl


Angie's blog - Whipped Green Girl





Now, I hope you enjoyed this interview as much as I did? Now please go and check out and subscribe to Whipped Green Girl - and say hello from me while you are there :)

If you want to check out more Natural Beauties, you will find all the links in my latest post here. I hope you enjoy! My own DIY posts live here.

green life in dublin
Natural Beauty Series on Green Life In Dublin blog

That's it for this week, see you here next Monday!

P.s. Please make my day and subscribe & share this or any of my blog posts on social media - it helps to get the green beauty word out and for that I Thank You!
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube


See my new blog Greenlifeindublin.com


Lots of Love,
Renata.

green life in dublin

Enjoy my content? I would appreciate any  tip into my PayPal Tip Jar - any donation will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way. I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to.

4 comments:

  1. EEEEEE! So excited, I still can't believe I was featured among all you other green beauties - I love and look up to! You are so awesome, thanks for doing this with me! It was so much fun. I'll be pinning it as usual ;) THANK YOU THANK YOU xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine! Thanks for doing this, it was fun xo

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading this! I take my hat off to all you ‘DIY’ peeps, the odd time I’ve dine it I’ve just ended up in a sticky mess ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Carrie! Lol, thanks - that's the thing with DIY, if you have had relative success from the start, it gives you wings to try more and more, but if not, I can understand it can put you off for a really long time. xo

      Delete